Polls are a built-in Telegram feature that allows owners of channels and group chats to receive feedback from subscribers, better understand audience preferences and conduct case studies.
In this article, you will learn how to create polls in Telegram.
- Where Can I Create a Poll in Telegram
- How to Create a Poll in Telegram
- Functions and Poll Rules
Where Can I Create a Poll in Telegram
Telegram polls can be created only in channels and group chats.
On a channel, polls can play a particularly important role. By conducting polls in their channel, the owner gets the opportunity to get to know their subscribers better: what are their tastes, what is their age, in which direction the majority opinion prevails on this or that issue. Also, thanks to surveys, the channel owner can receive an assessment of the quality of the published content. Having received feedback from subscribers through polls, the channel owner better understands his audience and in which direction to develop his channel.
Group chat also has the ability to create polls. In this case, polls can play the role of not only a sociological study, but also help in resolving disputes between group members.
In addition, the polls function is a great tool for running contests and quizzes. After all, it is with the help of polls that you can arrange a vote among subscribers (or participants) and determine the winner of the competition.
How to Create a Poll in Telegram
To create a poll you need:
- Press the "pin" while in the dialogue mode from channels or chats.
- Select "Poll".
- Set the name and options for the survey.
- Select additional tinctures.
- Enjoy the result.
It's easy enough to create polls in Telegram. Below we will explain in detail how to create polls on different platforms.
To create a poll in Telegram on devices with the iOS operating system, you need to follow the following instructions:
- On the channel in which you have access to publications, in the window for posting a message, click on the attachment icon.
- In the list that opens, select the "Poll" option.
- Enter question and answers for options. Please note that in Telegram polls, you can enter no more than 10 answer options.
- Then click the "Create" button.
- After these steps, the poll will be created and published on your channel.
To create a poll in Telegram on devices with the Android operating system, you need to do the following steps:
- Enter the group chat where you are the administrator and click the paperclip icon.
- In the menu that opens, select the "Poll" option.
- Enter your question and answer choices in the required fields. Remember that there can be no more than ten answer options.
- Below you can define some of the polls settings. For example, enable anonymous voting that it was not visible who voted how. You can also enable the option to select multiple answers.
- Once you have set up your poll, click "Create"
- Done. Your poll has been posted to a group chat.
In the desktop version of Telegram, it is also easy to create a poll. To do this, you need to follow the following algorithm of actions:
- In a group chat, click on the icon with three vertical dots and in the list that appears, select the option "Create poll".
- In the poll menu that opens, ask a question, add answer options and, if desired, set additional settings. Then click "Create".
- Done. Your poll has been published.
Functions and Poll Rules
Finally, we will consider what actions the administrator and participants can perform with polls, as well as what is the quiz mode.
First of all, you need to know that only administrators can create and delete polls in channels and in group chats. However, in group chats, the administrator can in the group settings allow members to create polls.
You can read about how to manage a channel in our article on "Telegram channels".
We also remind you that in private chats it is not possible to create a poll.
Any Telegram user can share polls in private chats or in other groups and channels. At the same time, any user can vote in a poll, that is, to take part in a poll, it is not necessary to be a member of a group or subscribe to the channel where this poll was created.
The poll results can be seen by every Telegram user. If the "Anonymous voting" option is not enabled in the poll settings, then any user can see who and how voted.
Basic Poll Actions
If you tap (or right-click) on a poll message, a context menu will open.
In this menu, the administrator can select the "Stop poll" option. Thus, the poll will no longer be valid, that is, participants and subscribers will no longer be able to vote.
Using the "Pin" option, the administrator can pin the poll message to the top of the chat window or channel so that subscribers have quick access to the poll.
The "Cancel Voice" option allows the administrator and survey participants to cancel their vote, thereby opening up the option to re-vote.
To share the poll in a private conversation or in a friendly channel, just use the "Forward" option.
And the "Delete" option allows the administrator to permanently delete the poll.
We mentioned above that using polls, you can organize competitive quizzes. The quiz mode is configured as follows.
In the poll settings menu, first you need to check the box next to the "Quiz Mode" option.
Next, you ask a question and enter answer options. Circles will appear opposite the answer options. Opposite the correct answer, you need to click on this circle.
In the explanation tab, you can specify the text that will be displayed when an incorrect answer is selected. Then you can click "Create".
In the published poll-quiz, the user, when choosing the correct answer, will see special effects in the form of confetti and a checkmark opposite the selected answer.
Otherwise, the user will see a cross next to the selected option and a notification at the top of the screen.
The poll quiz mode is a great way to entertain subscribers and motivate them to be active in a channel or group. After all, for a fee, subscribers will help promote the channel, for example, advertise it through word of mouth.